Who We Are
The Friends of the Hercules Library is a nonprofit membership organization that supports, promotes, and advocates for the library as a vital community asset.
What We Do
We raise money for the library through memberships, financial donations, and the sale of used books that have been generously donated by members of the community. We sell these books in three ways:
- The Friends Bookstore in the library lobby
- The giant two-day Used Book Sales held twice a year
- Our online book sale program
The funds we raise go to purchase new materials for the library’s collections and to sponsor exciting programs that entertain and educate kids and adults.
Become a Friend
Your Friends membership brings benefits to you, as well as to our library. As a member you will enjoy:
- A 50% discount on most purchases at the library bookstore
- Monthly email newsletter with a calendar of library events and other items of interest
- Early admission to our semi-annual Used Book Sales
- A vote in the Board of Directors election (held at the Annual General Meeting each January)